View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

when you don't recognize your own face

Occassionally when I'm out and about I catch a glimpse of my reflection in a store window or passing bus and realize how much I actually do stick out here. It's always a little surprising.

A little while back I ran across a quote by some terrible British politician visiting some UK students studying in Shanghai. I was going to post it but I can't find it now. It was something along the lines of, "Don't stay here too long or you'll go all slanty-eyed." I don't know the exact words, but 'slanty-eyed' was definitely in there.

Only on the inside my obsequious friend.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about China right now. It's actually almost lovely in the Spring. Almost.

They have this fruit here that looks like rasberries but are bigger. And a little more tart. I don't know what they're called, but they're yummy. Especially with Lychies.

No comments: