View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Friday, May 20, 2005

Lychee

It's finally Lychee season in China. This is the real reason I'm here. I've been eating them all day. I think I'm going to go on a Lychee only diet. With cheese and tomato sandwiches. Yummy.

A student told me a joke today involving Indians and Chinese. I didn't laugh because I didn't understand what she was saying, and I didn't want her to repeat it so I just told her that I'd heard it already.

The speeches went all right. One student just took the women's suffrage speech from the 1920's. It was a guy, standing up and declaring, "We have bowed to the white male for too long!" He wasn't supposed to plagiarize like that. I'm giving him a low grade. I hope he didn't think I wouldn't notice it was the women's suffrage speech from my own country's history. I feel bad giving a low grade, which probably makes me an awesome teacher, so most of my class will get high grades. Also I don't want to deal with people complaining about their grade.

Alright, I'm bored. I should have gone to Shanghai today, but I missed the bus, so I'm stuck here for the weekend. I'll probably go Monday though. My room is practically all packed up. I'm just waiting now.

No comments: