View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, May 19, 2005

hand to mouth... on a higher plateau

I'm not sure if you've been following, but the NY Times is doing a segment on class in America:

"I have the most amazing safety net a person could have," he said, "incredible, loving, involved and wealthy parents."

Fucking brilliant.

So I'm not entirely sure if it's how I look, or my name, or a little of both, but I'm mistaken for being French pretty regularly. I don't really mind. In the past week it's happened to me twice. Both times by French women.
"You're French!"
"Actually, I'm American."
The expression of suprise, disgust, horror, and shock that simultaneously crosses their face makes it all worthwhile.
"Oh."

That is also fucking brilliant.

I think my new career goal is to become a philanthropist. Now all I need is a lot of money to give away.

So what do American kids with too much money, being mistaken for being French, and philanthropy have in common? Probably nothing, but Sex and the City is almost tapped.

No comments: