View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, May 12, 2005

the new world order

While researching how to purchase RMB, I ran across this website: http://www.survivalistskills.com/newsitem.htm

I'm not entirely sure what NWO they're promoting here, but it was linked to a neolibertarian website (and I didn't even realize we were tired of the regular libertarians yet.) Anyway, I think the only thing I agree with is that they seem to have something against China, or just an extreme paranoia that it's taking over the world.

Don't worry, it won't. I used to fear (or embrace) that myself, but now I know it never will. They're all just so convinced that they will, that they won't. This bubble they're riding on will finally burst, the reality of their third world situation will come painfully clear to everyone - 1.6 billion people can not all hold a high standard of living - and they will recess to where they were before. The only thing to do is try to grab some of the bubble before it's all over. China can't take over the world. It's not in them. They've had the chance numerous times in history. In 1421 they had it. The best technology, the motivation, they were out there, all over the world before anyone else and then they just withdrew back in. No it won't happen. They're the middle kingdom because they can only stay in this sad little land mass. The borders have been the same for thousands and thousands of years. Europe, Africa, the America's, they've all switched around and changed, but China can not. Not even in abstract economic terms of 'borders'. The thing is that China is just too arrogant to embrace the rest of the world, and really, the rest of the world doesn't know how to embrace China. They're more arrogant than the British Empire and more stubbornly isolationist than America. The borders have stayed the same (yes I realize Tibet and Xinjiang and a couple others are an exception) because they work for everyone.

So although I find most of these paranoid websites to be funny, disturbing, scary, annoying, and entertaining, they have nothing to worry about. Yeah, America will fall, but China won't replace it.

No comments: