View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

fosil man

I was in Shanghai for the past couple days. I found an apartment. Inexpensive, wireless internet, 17th floor, cool roommates. I'll just do a little side by side comparison of my views - Shanghai and Lin'an:



Yep.

In Lin'an I'm having my students give speeches they've prepared tomorow. I had them hand in their topics last class. I said they could speak on anything. Here's what I'm looking forward to, verbatim:

The Future Is Now
Don't let our tears be the last drop of water on earth
Traditional and modern culture
Tomorrow is another day
key Factors to Success
HAKUNA MATATA
Friendship
To Taiwan issue, what should we do?
The English Language
Music
Poet Is Dying or Not
football
Badminton Game
Stress
Communication
Beijing Olympic Game
Protect our environment
lessons from Rain forrest
eco_tourism
Across old Age
globalization
Finding fosil man
Bats
Support domestic products. deny Japanese products
My college lives
Take care of nature.
follow me
friendship
Health
Love and Take care of Nature
If There were No After Life
A little girl held hostage rescued

The next thing I'm teaching is the Socratic seminar. That should be good. Any suggestions for a short text or poem to talk about? I'm thinking maybe some Robert Frost. I haven't fully decided yet.

In preparing for my section on speeches I had them present a famous historic speech. One of my students got up and talked about how Hitler was the greatest speaker of all time because of the amazing way he motivated his troops and led them to victory. If I had said the same thing about the Japanese I probably would have been killed right there.
These are the people that like America.

No comments: