View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, May 22, 2005

bird flu in china

I did see some very suspicious looking birds today. Remind me not to eat chicken, or any other kind of bird. That is very, very difficult here. And I'm a vegetarian. Maybe I'll just get hepatitis.

It's come to my attention that the FEC is trying to regulate internet, particularly blog, political content in the US. My blog may be blocked in the People's Republic of China, but this is fucking China. Not to sound like an over zealous Republican, but what about the First Amendment? I know it died with the Patriot Act, but this is the internet for Christ's sake. From what I've read, the FEC is going to hold blog sites responsible for political content and enforce through fines.

Anyway, you can get more information and find out how to submit your public comments (June 3rd deadline) at this site: http://redstate.org/story/2005/5/20/122244/721 or http://acbonin.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/16/113540/339

Before coming to China I dealt with public comment letters sent in regarding an environmental policy. It was depressingly entertaining and a great thing to convince me that leaving America is the right choice. Unless you want to be laughed at, ignored, or photocopied and stuck in every cubicle, try to understand what you're writing about first and sound somewhat intelligent. Like, what I wrote above wouldn't be acceptable.

I haven't actually ever sent in a public comment, but I respect people that do. One day I might, and that day may be soon.

*note - It took me awhile to publish this post. 'They' wouldn't let me. 'They're' already on to me...

No comments: