View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I hate titles

I hate this continent and everything in it. Haha, just kidding.

Well that was pretty good. I even spelled the title wrong. And, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, my spelling is usually completely flawless. I should probably clarify a few things. I didn't have any chicken feet, but everyone else was casually chewing on them all night. Also, I have had quite a few good times while on the atlantic, but right now I feel like the Pacific is much more colorful and progressive, and it just rules. I'm sure nothing else needs to be clarified,

Or at least the Pacific cities rule. I think I've had just enough of Lin'an. I mean I had enough of it about 10 minutes after getting here, but I'm not sure if I can deal with another 2 months. I turned down a job in Shanghai a couple months ago working for the devil. It would have started right away, and plus it's the devil, so I didn't take it, but now I'm really regretting that. I'd love to think that I don't need cities and I can just hang out in suburbia and small towns, but I really can't. I started hyperventilating looking at underground jeans online today. I'm more than happy to spend hundreds of dollars for them. I have to say, all my nice clothes are going completely and totally to waste in Lin'an. All I wear is crap clothing. Torn jeans and t-shirts. I think other teachers dress up for class but not me. I think my students are as surprised as I am that I'm still showing up.

In related news I went to collect my salary today (let me tell you, it really is a great feeling to collect a 4 figure annual salary) and ran into my boss. He proposed that I undertake graduate studies here while working for them. So my studies would be free and I'd have extra cash. Ha ha. Another couple years in Lin'an. Sure my Chinese would be amazing, but what about my life? And my Chinese skills won't matter when I flee the country in agitated hatred of everything in it. When I'm bitching about paying off tens of thousands of dollars in student loans in a couple years you can say to me, "Nicole, it would have been free in Lin'an." And I'll reply, "Yes, but what about my youth?"

No comments: