View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Everywhere I look is a darkness



So this is clearly a basic map of the Asia Pacific. The Chinese learn from a young age that the country is shaped like the torso of a rooster (or cock.) Southeast Asia is the legs, the Korean peninsula is the beak, and you can then see Japan as a helpless worm.

I read an article somewhere the other day that there is an actual potential for a conflict between China and Japan. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do if that happened. I'm not in the most strategic of locations here in Lin'an.

I think the possibility is very, very slim; however, if it were to become a reality I'm not sure of the exact steps to follow for evacuation. Hopefully there'd be a bit of a warning ("If you do not reveal your WMD by 8pm..."), and I wouldn't just wake up to explosions and alarms. But after the warning or caution was announced do I just show up at the consulate with my passport? ("Yeah, I'd like to flee now.") Also, when they do evacuate, do they send you back to the US right away, or are you sent to a neighboring friendly country? And if it's the latter, do you have any say on where you go? ("We'll be sending you to Singapore until we can determine the next step. Um, actually, I was wondering if it is at all possible to go to the Philippines instead?") These are all questions that never cross your mind when reading the news from the other side. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

If war were to break out just between Japan and China, I'm pretty sure China would easily win. Unless Japan unveiled it's secret, invisible robot army they'd been building up for the past 50 years with the help of George Lucas and Sony. But of course, it probably wouldn't just be between China and Japan. Some other country, like America, would probably step in to Japan's aid and it would all turn into an enormous bloody disaster. And England and Australia would join up and Europe would talk about it for a while and Africa would declare another independence, and resources would be stretched, and innocent people would die, and it would all just be terrible. And I'd watch and get terribly depressed from my beachside resort in the Philippines.

Anyway, none of this is going to happen so we don't have to worry about it.

Also, can you believe the US has already been in Iraq for 2 years? It's insane. I can't believe I've been pissed off about this for over two years now.

No comments: