View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, April 23, 2005

the future

So I was just sitting out on my balcony, gazing into the reddish haze of the pollution and up at the full moon, and thinking that Lin'an actually is quite lovely. And no, I'm not stoned right now, but if I ever needed a fat blunt, dear lord, now would be the time...

And no, I don't feel ashamed writing this, because a couple of years ago my mother gifted my siblings and I copies of an independent 'zine my father helped produce. I didn't read it or anything, but one night my friends were over and looking at it, and every other article was about getting stoned. God bless the 60's. Sure they ended up with 4 kids and living in the suburbs of Salt Lake City but...

Oh my god, it's nothing but the straight and narrow for me from now on. By this time next year I'm going to be living on wall street, surrounded by millions of dollars and doing lines off hookers while my boyfriend screws the pool guy in the bathroom. haha.

Actually, if this blog still exists in the distant future and my kid's friends are reading it, I'd like to pass on a message: I'm sorry, I'm very sorry. Make the same mistakes I did, all of them, because they aren't mistakes, just growing opportunities. Unless your friends are reading this while you're doing lines off hookers and your boyfriend is screwing the pool guy in the bathroom, then be ashamed, be very ashamed. Send some of that money to me, but you are damned.

And if I'm reading this in the future, thinking about my kid's reading this, hopefully I'll just giggle and eat another hash cookie. I'm not really sorry, just spiteful. haha.

No comments: