View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, April 24, 2005

debunk dude

The regular use of text messages and emails can lower the IQ more than twice as much as smoking marijuana.

I am so screwed.

What about the obsessive compulsive behaviour of reading various international news articles daily and blogging?

I read an article in The Economist yesterday about the future of journalism. It more or less was talking about a speech by Rupert Murdoch on how journalism is changing, becoming web-savvy, where "bloggers" and "podcasters" congregate to "engage our reporters and editors in more extended discussions." Anyway, blogging may bring down journalism as we know it, and I'd really like to be a part of that. That's why I've added the Instapundit link to my sidebar. It's alright. Although I personally think most blogs are crap - including my own - his isn't too bad. In fact, usually when I'm reading other people's blogs it just annoys me and makes me want to destroy my own.

I'd like to start a revolution, but I think revolutions are out. Maybe a 'movement', 'issue', or 'debunk' is more appropriate. Also I'm a little lazy for revolution. Sure it's easy for me to pick up and change city and country every couple of months, but that's where my motivation ends. I'd rather criticize and ridicule society than try to change it. No, that's not true, it's just that I end up ridiculing and criticizing more than changing.

No comments: