View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

port bou

I'd like to be able to say that my entire life was planned during an acid trip in Port Bou, Spain but that's simply not true.

I had about a half an hour to kill before I had to catch my bus to work the other day. I wanted to just sit somewhere in read. But I can't do that on the street because people will shout at me, gather around me, spit at feet, and try to run me over with their bicycles. And I can't do it in a Chinese restaurant because people will shout at me, gather around me, spit at feet, and try to run me over with their bicycles. So I went to Starbucks that was nearby.

Anyway, as I was putting sugar into my tea I remembered that we'd run out of sugar at my house. So shamelessly I started scooping all the little sugar packets on the table into my bag. I figure this is one of those 20-something moments that ranks right up there with drinking a bloody mary as a vitamin supplement and determining if your clothes are wearable by smelling them.

This is different from college in that it's not that I can't afford to buy sugar, or breakfast, or laundry detergent (well maybe I can't afford breakfast sometimes but that's only because I need the bloody mary), but I'm simply too lazy to do so. I know I'll forget if I'm ever in a store and I'll never go out and buy it independently. It's not that I don't have the time, I think I wasted 3 hours today folding my post-it notes into a boingy paper thing, I just simply won't do it.

Actually I don't really have an excuse for the laundry thing since I have an ayi that comes twice a week and does it for me. If I remember to put it in the laundry bin, which I normally don't. It's just pure laziness. I have no one to blame but myself.

So I know my blog is pretty boring, but this one is just disturbing. I kind of laughed when I read the headline too. I don't think it's funny any more.

Anyway, I think I failed to mention that a Chinese guy saved my life the other day. I was walking down the street and there was a dump truck. A bunch of Chinese people started walking by it so I figured it was safe. Just as I was about to step out one of the sides swung down and some Chinese guy threw himself at me to prevent me from walking forward.

Of course, I should be happy that my life was saved but actually the entire incident annoyed me. Like, why the hell was the dump truck taking up the sidewalk. And when the guy threw himself at me he was screaming 'Hello! Hello!' the entire time. Which I find annoying at all times. And afterwards he stopped to laugh at me with all his friends. Actually if you had some kind of fucking rules and regulations regarding street safety and traffic in this supposed communist metropolis I wouldn't have been in danger in the first place. I should be laughing at you.

Anyway, I don't really feel indebted. As I believe I mentioned before, something threatens my life every time I walk out onto the street here.

No comments: