View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Monday, November 07, 2005

giant balls

I just finished reading an article about the problems an overseas Chinese woman from Singapore who had returned to live in Shanghai as an expat was facing.

"I always thought I was Chinese.. until we moved to China."

Also, in a sad moment for animal activists, tobacco companies, and the circle of life in general, Ai Ai, a chimpanzee in a Shaanxi province zoo, has finally been able to quit smoking after 16 years. Where else but China could you get a nicotine-addicted chimps? Life's such a bitch here that even the animals have resorted to chain smoking.

Some tennis master's cup is taking place or has taken place in Shanghai. I don't care about sports at all, so I don't know. Anyway, as a result there are enormous yellow tennis balls all around the city. I'm not kidding. I think they're trying to be artistic. They've even dug up ground around them to make it look like they were hit hard enough to be planted into the ground. There are also a lot of tennis ball balloons floating around. I'll try to get a picture but my camera has been slightly fucked since its existence.

The Chinese like to ask what sports I play.
Badmitton?
No.
Tennis?
No.
Table tennis?
No. Basketball is ok, mostly I just run though.
Only running?
Yes, I don't like team sports.


They never understand that.

No comments: