View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Thunderbolt and lightening...

So I was out walking around yesterday in 90+ degree weather, this is pretty normal for an Australian summer so I didn't think much of it. I stopped at a cafe with a friend of mine to grab some lunch. As we were eating, storm clouds rushed in over the city and it started hailing. I was pretty impressed by this because I didn't think little ice balls could come out of heat. Anyway, that passed after a little bit and then the thunder and lightening started up and the rain started pouring down. The streets were flooded. I'd never seen anything like it before. Even when I was in the typhoon in Shanghai. It came out of nowhere. The water was a couple feet deep.

Anyway, it would stop for a couple minutes and then start up again. My friend and I tried to escape during this low. As we were trying to cross the street I attempted to jump across a puddle. I lost my flip-flop and it started floating down the street. So I had to run after it. I then lost my other flip-flop and had to run after that one. Cars were honking at me and everything. It was great. Anyway, after wading through the street for a minute or two I was totally soaked. It was pretty impressive.

Apparently this isn't an unusual occurrence. Supposedly floods like this happen all the time. I just tried to find a picture of yesterday and they're already all down. Passe news. I'm already too late.

No comments: