View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, June 02, 2005

newly narcissistic nicole

This city is spectacular. I've had at least one cheese product a day for the past week.

So what am I doing here? Well I'm currently teaching Korean students and a couple of other private tutor sessions. Hopefully temporarily. Until I take over the world. It's in the works. I have to say Koreans are significantly more intelligent than the Chinese. One of my 12 year old students on his peer Tom:

"The last teacher called him 'Tiny Tom'. He used the alliteration."

I don't think I could say that when I was 12. Fuck, I'm not entirely sure what it means now.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about right now. I've been drinking scotch and snacking on a baguette with balsamic vinegar and olive oil all night.

Did I tell you I love this city?

I mean, of course it's still a little bit China. Like sometimes you're walking home and you have to walk through a wet spot on the street because it's unavoidable. And as you're walking through it it's a bit slippery and squishy under your feet, and you're hoping it's not what you think it is, but know that it probably is. Then you just have to turn up your iPod, try not to breathe, and think of the cheese sandwhich that's waiting for you back at home.

I've put up pics of my new place. My camera doesn't do it justice but my room is pretty nice and big. It's about half the size of my entire apartment in Lin'an. And I have hot water all the time. And an Ayi that comes twice a week. I don't even have to do my own laundry. Or clean at all.

This city is great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the links to all these pics you've "put up?" A collage of China concrete greys?

Nicole (可心) said...

Yes, a collage of China concrete greys. No, click the flickr pics at the top of the page. The little banner going across.

Is this the jon from my san li tun dreams?

Anonymous said...

Of course it is, kid. San li tun, Bourbon Street, where ever.