View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

hello

"The internet has profited many people, but it also has brought many problems, such as sex, violence, feudal superstitions and other harmful information that has seriously poisoned people's spirits."

I actually agree with this. I think my spirit has been poisoned by the internet. But I guess there's no way of testing this since I've been online since I was ten years old.

Here's one for you: I don't go 'in chat rooms', or haven't since I was like 14 years old. But the only time I was ever propositioned for sex online was when I was 12. And I'm guessing my little friend on the other side wasn't. Thank you AOL.

There's this guy on my street who yells "Hello" at every foreigner who passes. He will actually stop what he's doing and run across the street, or down the block to say it. I've never replied but he keeps saying it to me every time I walk down my street. I've talked to other whities in my building and they say he get's them too. Today I saw him almost get hit by a car trying to run up to a group of four walking down the street.

I like to think he has a mental disorder, but sadly I don't think he does. This is Shanghai and I live in a pretty foreign area. The luxury of seeing us has worn off everyone else, I don't understand why this guy is still so fascinated. Maybe I'll stop and have a conversation with him some day. Probably not.

No comments: