View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

$100,000 Holiday

This is amazing:

China to launch space tourist

At only $100,000 they're going to be popping people up there every two days. Until something goes terribly wrong on the second mission.

Clearly I'm still at work.

I also just finished reading this article on 'America is more of an idea than a country'. I like it. I'd rather be a citizen of an idea than a country.

I think the whole idea of a country is pretty lame and, quite frankly, a little juvenile. It's like splitting up teams and cliques in school. This person belongs to that group, and that group hates this groups, and it's really difficult to change groups. Fuck that. I don't need to be in a group or a team, I'm going to go play on the monkey bars.

Also, I kind of resent the whole concept that I have to be part of a country. The UN should create a wanderers passport. You're not part of anywhere, you can go and work wherever you please, pay taxes in the country you live in at the time. It would be great. People ask you where you're from and you say, "I've go the wanderers," and there's no further resentments and only a stereotype of an unstable commitmentphobe. I could live with that.

Only 29 more minutes until lunch.

No comments: