View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

hooters

Yeah I know it's been a while but I've been busy. Seriously. I think I'm developing a life. Or just good dillusions.

Anyway, terrible about London. I really can't believe it happened. It was hard to get news here. The top story on CCTV was how the weather was effecting Chinese consumers. I was here during September 11th. The Chinese reaction to terrorism is extreme indifference. It's just part of being Chinese. The managing director I tutor said terrorism is because of class differences. I told him that most of the terrorists were pretty wealthy. His mind was set. It's all because of the gap between rich and poor.

I kept falling asleep in class today, which is impressive because my largest class is only 3 people. When I was a student I always hoped my teachers would call in sick, I never thought the teachers hoped the students woul be ill. My students taught me how to write my name phonetically in Korean characters. It's pretty cool. I think I'm hooked. I think it even looks cooler than my Chinese name. Maybe I'll start taking Korean. Ha. They've also convinced me to go to Korea. They tell me it's much cooler than China and their main reason is that there aren't as many Chinese around. I'm convinced. It may be a bit on the cold side though. I don't like being cold.

I'm trying to go off MSG. I think it actually is screwing my body up. And my dreams were getting just bizarre. As far as I know I don't think I've had any for about 4 or 5 days, which is really impressive. Of course that means not eating any Chinese food, which is a little expensive, but it may work out for the better.

WSJ just IMed me. Apparantly there's anti-Chinese sentiment in Congress. And I thought I had no respect for the senate.

Anyway, what I was about to write was that I went to a diner on Sunday. There motto is 'no chopsticks required'. I had a taco salad. It was so wrong for so many reasons. The manager was from southern cali and used to work at Shanghai Hooters but decided the diner was more interesting. Yes, communist China has a Hooters. Little asian girls with enormous tits. Actually, I don't really know that, I haven't been yet. Maybe next Sunday.

No comments: