View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

sunburnt country



As most people should know, it is winter in Australia right now. Although if you were able to come here from January in the northern hemisphere, you probably wouldn't notice. I must say, Australia can't handle the cold for the life of them.

The surge in demand is largely caused by consumers using gas appliances to keep themselves warm as the temperature outside dipped close to freezing.

Close to freezing. We're not quite there yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to complain about the cold but that's mostly because central heating doesn't exist here, like in China. They just use their air conditioners as heaters. Not a good option.

I used to laugh at how the east coast in the US dealt with a little snow. If an Australian city were ever to get snow, the entire country would have to shut down (the picture above is from up in the mountains near the ski resorts, not in Melbourne.) Although I do hear that Melbourne did get snow once. It lasted for an hour.

No comments: