View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, December 01, 2005

falling leaves


Changle Lu
Originally uploaded by knicole7.
There's a part in the movie The Land Before Time, when a dinosaur steps on a leaf and it crushes into a bunch of bits.

I'm not entirely sure what the weather is like in the rest of the world, I'm guessing since it's December there's probably snow and stuff, but in Shanghai it's still autumn weather. So I was walking around this morning stamping on leaves to try and get them to crush into a bunch of little pieces. I think it rained earlier this morning though, so none of them were really crunching. I think the locals got a kick out of watching me though.

I also managed to get this shot. It was pretty beautiful. I've been told this has been the worst air Shanghai has had in 4 years. I highly doubt that, but I can tell it's really bad. Like when I go jogging it's that much harder. So the city has been looking pretty crap, but this was a nice moment on Changle Lu.

This is what my street should look like, but as I think I posted earlier they chopped off all the branches on my trees. If you click on this photo and then go to the next photo up on my Flickr page, you can see my lovely stubs.

No comments: