View my DNA at bighugelabs.com

Monday, May 28, 2007

a-mer-i-ca

Pretty interesting article about the ol' USA:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/the-more-you-know-a-place-the-harder-it-is-to-judge/2007/05/27/1180205073484.html


Some particularly wise person once said that if you are going to write about America, you should do so after a short stay, maybe a few weeks, before you are overwhelmed by its diversity and the sheer size of the place, with all its contradictions, excesses and complexities.


I feel like I may have said something like that about China, or at least read it somewhere and didn't share it. I read that passage out to Adam and he said, "Well isn't it true?"

"I have no idea," I said. "It's always just been there for me. I might even call it 'normal'."

No comments: